World's Best Networks,
World's Most Affordable Rates.
How to Use eSIM - Troubleshooting Guide for eSIM FAQs
May 19, 2023
Q：eSIM can not connect the internet / Network issues / connectivity issues / poor network performance
Please try the following steps to troubleshoot the problem:
1. Make sure you have reached your destination before using the eSIM data.
2. Ensure that you have selected RedteaGO eSIM as your Cellular Data. You can do this by going to Settings -> Cellular -> Cellular Data -> Select eSIM. Also, enable RedteaGO by going to Settings -> Cellular -> SIMs and tapping [Secondary] (the eSIM plan you've added). Tap [Turn On This Line] to turn it on.
3. Turn on Data Roaming.
4. Try toggling the Airplane mode on and off to check if the signal improves.
5. Open the cellular network settings, turn off automatic function in Network Selection, and select a different one. Then try to access the Internet again.
6. Try moving to different locations until you get enough signal bars to connect to 3G or 4G/LTE. Please note that limited coverage or no coverage areas can result in poor connectivity.
7. Restart your device.
You may also find this article helpful as a reference: https://redteago.com/the-easy-way-to-setup-your-data-esim/
Q: What should I do if I have deleted my eSIM by accident?
A: You can select 'Add Cellular Plan' in 'Settings' -> 'Cellular', and then scan the QR code attached. The QR code address can be copied from the order details in the RedteaGO backend.
Q: How do I request a refund?
A: Please delete the eSIM from your device first by going to 'Settings' -> 'Cellular Data' -> 'Cellular Plan' -> 'Delete eSIM'. Then, we can help you arrange a refund, which may take up to 5-10 business days. The refund amount will be returned to the original account used to make the purchase.
Q: What happens when my data runs out, and I can no longer use the internet?
A: If your data runs out, we recommend purchasing a data package again. You can check your cellular usage by going to 'Settings' -> 'Cellular' -> 'CELLULAR DATA' on your iPhone.
Q: What should I do if I experience a “PDP Authentication Failure”?
A: Ensure that the APN is set according to the information from your eSIM installation page, you have remaining data on your eSIM, and you are connected to the supported network. If these steps do not resolve the issue, try resetting your network settings and restart your device.
Q: Can I transfer my eSIM to a new device?
A: Once your data plan is activated, you cannot transfer it to a new device. However, before activation, you can switch to any eSIM compatible devices.
Q: How can I top up my data?
A: You can top up your data plan by clicking "Add Data" on the eSIM icon at the bottom middle of the App.
Q: How to activate the eSIM?
A: Activate your eSIM by clicking on the eSIM menu at the bottom center, finding your order, and following the prompts.
Q1 How can I deactivate my account?
A: We can process your account deactivation request in 2 business days. If you're using an Apple device, you can self-complete the process in the "Me-Profile" page.
Q: What payment methods does RedteaGO support?
A: RedteaGO supports Apple Pay, Credit Card Payment, PayPal, and Cryptocurrency in some countries.
Q: How can I fix the "Network Lost" error?
A: Enable automatic network selection in your iPhone's settings to resolve the Network Lost error.
Q: What if my phone doesn't support eSIM?
A: Unfortunately, if your phone does not support eSIM, you cannot use our service. Please check the list of eSIM supported phones on our website for more information.
Q: What should I do if the activation fails in the app?
A: If you're having trouble activating your eSIM order, please ensure your phone is properly connected to the internet. If you're unable to click the activate button, try logging out of RedteaGO and logging back in.
RedteaGO gives customers the freedom to dynamically select mobile network services across the world. This allows you the ultimate convenience to buy pay-as-you-go data plans and freely switch among plans when traveling.
As Apple's official eSIM partner, RedteaGO has a solid team with 8 years of experience in eSIM technology. We are the most customer-centric eSIM brand, offering eSIMs for over 200 countries and regions worldwide.
Travel safe and travel smart with RedteaGO eSIM. Stay connected wherever you go and enjoy the convenience and reliability of our eSIM technology.
Getting Started With RedteaGO
- Download the RedteaGO (iOS | Android) APP or visit the RedteaGO website.
- Buy a destination eSIM.
- 1 click to activate eSIM.
- Turn on your eSIM upon arrival.
- Instantly connect to a local network.
You're all set to stay connected on the go without roaming fees! Browse our Discover+ global eSIM plans to find an eSIM package for your next trip.