World's Best Networks,
World's Most Affordable Rates.
how to check if my Android phones (Sumsung, Google Pixel etc) support eSIM
July 5, 2023
The compatibility of a device with eSIM depends on whether the manufacturer has integrated eSIM technology into their devices. To make it convenient for users, there is a list of eSIM-compatible devices available for reference.
However, in some cases, a device may be listed as eSIM-capable but still not support eSIM technology. This can occur because Android is an open-source operating system, allowing mobile device manufacturers and carriers to customize it. Some models released in certain countries or regions may not have eSIM capability, or the carrier you purchased your device from might not enable the eSIM feature.
To check if your Android device supports eSIM technology, follow the steps below. Keep in mind that these steps may or may not be applicable to your specific device, so it’s recommended to verify eSIM capability through your device manufacturer, vendor, or primary carrier.
For Samsung Galaxy devices:
- Open the Settings.
- Type in “IMEI” and find “IMEI information”
- If you see an option to Add eSIM, then your device likely supports eSIMs.
For other Android devices:
- Dial *#06# and press the call button.
- If your device is eSIM-compatible, you should be able to view your device’s eSIM unique identification number (EID).
Remember to confirm with your provider or device manufacturer if the above steps are not applicable to your device.
A. Using Tradition QR code from our eSIM shop:
B. Download RedteaGO APP in Google Play:
For Google Pixel devices:
- Open the Settings app and navigate to Network & Internet.
- Tap the + sign next to SIMs.
- If you find a “Download a SIM instead?” option on the Connect to mobile network page, then your device is eSIM-capable.
Again, contact your provider or device manufacturer to confirm if the above steps apply to your device.
- Using Tradition QR code from our eSIM shop:
2. Download RedteaGO APP in Google Play:
Additionally, your device must be carrier-unlocked to use an eSIM, allowing you to use multiple SIM or eSIM cards from different carriers. To check if your Android device is unlocked, follow these steps:
- Remove your phone’s SIM card.
- Insert a different carrier’s SIM card into your phone.
- Check if the carrier’s name at the top of your home screen changes.
- Make a call using the new SIM card. If the call connects, your phone is unlocked. If you can’t make a call, the phone is still locked to the previous carrier, and you may see a notice on the screen indicating this.
If you’re unsure about eSIM capability after these checks, don’t hesitate to reach out to your device manufacturer, vendor, or primary carrier for confirmation.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our support team email@example.com, and we’ll be happy to assist you!
RedteaGO gives customers the freedom to dynamically select mobile network services across the world. This allows you the ultimate convenience to buy pay-as-you-go data plans and freely switch among plans when traveling.
As Apple's official eSIM partner, RedteaGO has a solid team with 8 years of experience in eSIM technology. We are the most customer-centric eSIM brand, offering eSIMs for over 200 countries and regions worldwide.
Travel safe and travel smart with RedteaGO eSIM. Stay connected wherever you go and enjoy the convenience and reliability of our eSIM technology.
Getting Started With RedteaGO
- Download the RedteaGO (iOS | Android) APP or visit the RedteaGO website.
- Buy a destination eSIM.
- 1 click to activate eSIM.
- Turn on your eSIM upon arrival.
- Instantly connect to a local network.
You're all set to stay connected on the go without roaming fees! Browse our Discover+ global eSIM plans to find an eSIM package for your next trip.